Canadian Stampin Up Demonstrator Marilyn Pearen, Stampin Up First Frost.
Hello fellow stampers and welcome back to our Blog Hop. Today our Blog Hop challenge is a color challenge.
I decided for this challenge to use the Stampin Up First Frost stamp set. This is a great stamp set and is very versatile and comes with a great set of dies as well. I think this set can be used all year round.
Here’s how I made my Stampin Up First Frost card:
- I started with a Whisper White heavy card base of 11 x 4-1/4 scored and folded at 5-1/2.
- My mat was the same size as my card base, 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 of Poppy Parade so it was glued with multipurpose glue directly to the card base.
- Then I took a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/4 x 4 and put it in the Tin Tile detailed embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. What a great texture this is.
- I stamped 3 flowers from the Stampin Up First Frost stamp set in Poppy Parade and cut them out with the matching die from the Frosted Bouquet die set. I also stamped and cut the flower and branch stamp in Daffodil Delight but only used the flowers from the stamp and used them for a background addition. I also cut two of the flower foliage in Daffodil Delight and leaves were cut from Pear Pizzaz with the leaf die.
- I started by gluing the Pear Pizzaz ribbon in a zigzag pattern and then attached the sentiment with dimensional and then played with the pieces laying out my design by tucking them under the sentiment until I was happy with it.
- I attached the roses with dimensionals, the other pieces I added with glue dots.
- I took some silver metallic thread so I could made two small loops and attached them in the back with glue dots.
- The back piece of the sentiment was cut from Pear Pizzaz and sentiment was stamped on Whisper White in Pear Pizzaz ink then they were both cut out with the die from Stampin Up Frosted Bouquet. The sentiment was from the Stampin Up Country Home stamp.
Now that you have checked out my card, let’s hop over to my fellow team members and check out their amazing cards. Click on the next button but if you get lost here is a list of the members.
Thanks for checking out my card. If you would like to make it or need any supplies I would be happy to be your demonstrator. I can ship all over Canada and would love to hear from you. Just click on the shop online button and it will tat you to my shop. If you need help or have any questions please Email me
Product List for the Stampin Up First Frost card:
- Save 10% on product bundles.
- Sign up for Paper Pumpkin.
- Save up to 60% on clearance rack.
- New 2018 – 2019 Annual Catalogue
- New Stampin’ Up card ideas – group board.